Benjamin J. Ergas
- 20+ years of leadership experience in the financial sector in Switzerland, the UK, the US and Latin America, in the buy-side, in the sell-side and as an entrepreneur;
- Consistent focus in the areas of green finance, natural resources and cleantech;
- Co-founded EFW Swiss AG in Baar to promote and develop Sustainable Finance, focusing on resource scarcity and climate change in particular, eventually leading to the launch of the EFW Efficiency Fund;
- Between 2013 and 2014, he spearheaded the thesis development and quantitative index methodology behind the EFW Efficiency Index™, and its route-to-market strategy;
- Has acted as Investment Fund advisor to two family offices since 2000 and 2007 respectively;
- In 2009, in Brazil, he co-founded OMNIS Biotechnology, an environmental biotech company focused on biological treatment and transformation of solid/liquid residues from agro-industrial processes into valued sub-products such as gas or bioenergy;
- Co-founded EcoAdvance in 2006, an environmental consulting company focused on carbon credits, successfully sold in 2008 to OneCarbon, a subsidiary of Dutch energy company Econcern;
- In 2003, he joined Coghill Capital Management, first in Chicago and then in London, as a buyside Senior Analyst where he focused on research-driven, small-cap stocks;
- Worked in London as an Analyst, Senior Analyst and later as an Associate in the Investment Banking Division of Morgan Stanley, from 1997 to 2003, in the areas of capital markets, utilities and technology / cleantech;
- French and US national, he graduated with honors from Williams College in the United States with a B.A. in Economics, and completed executive education on “Developing Strategy for Value Creation”, at the London Business School.
Dr. Giorgio J.P. Blum
- Over 27 years of experience within the private banking sector in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and South Africa;
- He co-founded and joined the board of EFW Swiss AG in Baar to promote and develop Sustainable Finance, focusing on resource scarcity and climate change in particular, eventually leading to the launch of the EFW Efficiency Fund;
- In 2009, founded SEED Asset Management AG and helped setting up SEED Wealth Management AG, continuing to manage fortunes of affluent investors, specializing in Environmental Asset Management and Independent Financial Consulting;
- Acted as Managing Director for different Companies and independent Swiss Asset Managers, as well as an Investment Fund advisor to institutional and private clients. He was also a registered Fund Manager in Guernsey;
- Towards the end of 1998, he joined Union Bancaire Privee (UBP) Group, a leading Private Banking House in Switzerland, where he was responsible for the International Onshore Markets, especially Germany. He was Investment Advisor and Portfolio Manager to sophisticated investors and also a member of the strategic committe of the Bank. In addition he was also instrumental in registering UBP Investment Funds in Germany;
- Worked as a Trust Officer and an inhouse-fund administrator for Rothschild Bank AG in Zurich (1982 – 1987) before joining Credit Suisse in Germany in 1994, where he was responsible for the development of the Austrian Private Banking Market. In 1996, he worked for Bank Hofmann AG, a former Credit Suisse Private Banking Boutique, where he managed fortunes of HNWI from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and other international onshore markets. He was also Head of tax optimized Portfolio Management and Product Developer for private and institutional clients across different tax jurisdictions;
- Holds and held several posts as a member of management and as a member of Board of Directors (executive and non-executive) in Switzerland and abroad;
- Swiss and French national who speaks German, English and French, graduated with honors in International Business (MIBA) in 1991 from the United States International University (now merged with Alliant University) in California and received his Doctorate in Business Administration focusing on Environmental Finance and Corporate Social Responsibility in 1994;
- Married and father to two children.
Matthias P. A. Müller
Member of the Board of Directors
- Matthias P. A. Müller studied Law & Economics at the University of St. Gallen with an exchange semester at the Singapore Management University. During his studies he participated in the 24th Willem C. Vis. Moot and was elected student representative to the Law School. His focus lies on general corporate law and all questions of private law including employment law. He joined our firm in 2016.
- Matthias P. A. Müller is actively engaged in politics. Besides other public activities, he is vice president of the Young Liberals of Switzerland (youth organization of the 3rd biggest Swiss party “FDP.Die Liberalen”) with more than 3’500 members).